American Southern Style Potato Salad
This American potato salad traditionally has hard boiled eggs, which we have replaced with silken tofu.
- Peel and cut the potatoes. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a medium setting and cook until tender. Remove from drain and leave to cool.
- Into a small saucepan melt the margarine. Add sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the silken tofu with a fork and add to the melted margarine, stir and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the mayonnaise or salad cream, yellow mustard, sweet pickle and milk.
- Mash the potatoes up roughly and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the mixture from the saucepan and stir together well.
- Sprinkle all over with parsley and paprika then serve.