Perfect for barbecues, this vegan kebab recipe is a great replacement for the usual meat variety. It will suit all tastes with this range of selected ingredients. You can of course spice it up by adding your favourite sauces. Quantities depend on personal taste.
- Firm Tofu - Pressed, For Kebab
- Red Pepper - For Kebab
- Green Pepper - For Kebab
- Pineapple - Chunks, For Kebab
- Mushrooms - For Kebab
- Onion - For Kebab
- Olive Oil - 60mls (¼ Cup), For Marinade
- Brown Sugar - 1 Tbsp, For Marinade
- Tomato Purée - 2 Tbsp, For Marinade
- Soy Sauce - For Marinade
- Black Pepper - For Marinade
- Mixed Herbs - For Marinade
- Mild Chilli Powder - For Marinade
- Garlic Clove - Crushed, For Marinade
- Chop the tofu into one inch squares.
- Place tofu into a large flat container.
- In a jar combine all the marinade ingredients and shake well.
- Pour over the tofu and shake container to ensure all the tofu is covered. Leave for at least two hours. Put marinade back into jar.
- Peel the onion and cut into large pieces, cut the pineapple into large chunks.
- De-seed the peppers and cut into large slices.
- Onto each skewer place a selection of the foods.
- Cook on barbecue using left over marinade to coat.
TIP: Best if left over night to soak through.
VARIATION: You can also add cherry tomatoes and courgettes to the kebabs.