Hot & Spicy Roasted Stuffed Peppers
These stuffed peppers are brilliant on their own as a meal or can be made as a starter with smaller peppers. They are also excellent on a BBQ. Whatever you decide, if you like hot and spicy food you will love this recipe. It is also a good way of using up leftover rice.
- Rice - 6 ozs (1½ Cups), Cooked
- Green Pepper - 1, Large
- Red Pepper - 1, Large
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mild Chilli Powder - ½ Tsp
- Mixed Herbs - 1 Tsp
- Garlic Clove - 2, Crushed
- Mild Curry Powder - ½ Tsp
- Red Onion - 1, Medium, Finely Sliced
- Sun Dried Tomatoes - 5, Chopped
- Baby Sweetcorn Cobs - 4, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c and grease an oven proof dish.
- Fry onions in olive oil, black pepper and garlic until soft. Add sun dried tomatoes, mixed herbs and baby sweetcorn, stir well and simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut the peepers lengthways in half and de-seed.
- Add rice to frying mixture and mix well together.
- Fill the peppers with the mixture and place on an oven proof dish.
- 6) Cook in oven for 15 minutes then grill for a further 5 minutes or until crispy.
- 7) Serve immediately.
TIP: If cooking on the BBQ, use tinfoil to wrap the peppers in and cook until peppers are soft.