Deep Fried Tofu
This is a different way to eat tofu, these can be cooked on a barbecue instead of being deep fried.
- Squeeze the tofu to remove the water. Cut into strips or small squares.
- Into a large container place the olive oil.
- Into a jug place the apple cider vinegar, mixed herbs, black pepper, garlic paste and tomato purée, mix well together.
- Add to the olive oil and beat together well. Add the sugar and stir.
- Add the tofu and coat with the mixture, leave to stand for at least an hour.
- Deep fry until crisp and golden.
TIP: If cooking on a barbecue, place onto a skewer or wrap in tinfoil and cook.