These are sweet to eat and fun to make but do require plenty of time and planning.
- Icing Sugar - 2 ozs (½ Cup)
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Egg Replacement - 1 ½ ozs (¼ Cup)
- Water - 100 mls (½ Cup), Cold
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar - ½ Tsp
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 2 ozs (½ Cup), For Topping
- Caster Sugar - 2 ozs (½ Cup), For Topping
- Icing Sugar - 4 ozs (½ Cup), For Topping
- Vegan Margarine - 4 ozs (½ Cup), For Topping
- Vanilla Essence - 4 Tbsp, For Topping
- Water - 4 Tbsp, Warm, For Topping
- Arrowroot - 1 Tbsp, For Topping
- Soya Milk - 2 Tbsp, For Topping
- Silken Tofu - 6 ozs (½ Cup), For Topping
- Banana - ½ Small, Sliced, Frozen, For Topping
- Sweets - For Decoration
Making The Topping:
- Blend the icing sugar, caster sugar and brown sugar together with the margarine until smooth and creamy.
- Add the tofu, vanilla essence, banana and soya milk, blend well together.
- Mix the arrowroot and warm water together and pour into blender, mix on a low setting for one minute.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and follow instructions. If you do not have an ice cream maker, place in a freezer container and leave in freezer stirring every 5 minutes for half a hour, then leave to harden.
TIP: You can make the topping up a day before if you wish.
Making The Ghouls and Base:
- Preheat oven to 130c and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Into a bowl, place the egg replacer, apple cider vinegar and water, whisk together for 5 minutes.
- Into another bowl sieve the icing sugar and stir in the soft light brown sugar.
- Gradually add the egg replacer mixture to the icing sugar bowl a spoonful at a time, make sure it is mixed in well before adding more.
- Whisk in the vanilla essence and continue to whisk for a further 5 minutes.
- Use half the mixture as the bases by dropping a spoonful of the mixture onto the baking tray, these can be as large or small as you want.
- With the other half, divide between 4 silicon cup cases.
- Cook in the oven for 2 hours, do not remove until cold, this is to dry them out completely.
- Keep in an airtight container until needed.
- Make up into ghosts by arranging the ghoul bases into ghost shapes.
- Place topping where desired and make faces with vegan jelly sweets.