For this recipe we have used maize flour giving a unique taste. These can be served with a dip or on their own.
- Line a large baking tray with grease proof paper and preheat oven to 200c.
- Into a bowl place the maize flour, salt, yeast and caster sugar, mix well together.
- Add the water and stir. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough for a minute and make into finger shapes.
- Brush with soya milk and make small cuts across the finger to represent the knuckles.
- Place on baking tray and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Carefully insert an almond at the top of each finger to look like a nail.
TIP: This is best done by cutting a small slit in the top and pushing the almond in.