This a great hot meal for everyone to enjoy, by adding the eyeballs it gives it a really Halloween feel.
- Onion - ½, Sliced
- Potato - 2, Small, Diced
- Soya Mince - 6 ozs (2 Cups), Dried
- Water - 800 mls (4 Cups), Boiling
- Brown Sauce - 4 Tbsp
- Yeast Extract - 2 Tbsp
- Gravy Browning - 1 Tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1 Tsp
- Plain Flour - 4 ozs (1 Cup), For Dumplings
- Salt - ½ Tsp, For Dumplings
- Baking Powder - 2 Tbsp, For Dumplings
- Water - 150 mls (¾ Cup), Boiling, For Dumplings
- Black Olives - Slicked, For Decoration
- Place the dried soya mince into a large saucepan.
- Add the yeast extract to 800 mls (4 cups) of boiling water, stirring in brown sauce and browning.
- Mix into the saucepan and add the black pepper.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium heat. Add the potato, carrot and onion, stir and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, salt and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Carefully stir in 150 mls (¾ cup) of boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Make into 15 balls, and one at a time slowly place them into the saucepan, cover with a lid and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring regularly to cover the dumplings.
- Before serving, push half a black olive into each ball to create the eye ball effect.