Biscuits are a hit any time of year but these gingerbread stars are perfect for Christmas, make up a batch and have them ready for guests and family alike.
- Plain Flour - 1 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Wholemeal Flour - 3 ozs (¾ Cup)
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (½ Cup)
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 1 oz (¼ Cup)
- Ground Ginger - 1 Tbsp
- Ground Nutmeg - ½ Tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - ½ Tsp
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Golden Syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Coloured Icing Pens - Green, Red and White, For Decoration
- Plain Flour - For Rolling Out On
- Preheat oven to 180c and grease a baking tray.
- Rub margarine and flour together in a bowl.
- Stir in sugar, ground ginger, baking powder, ground nutmeg and ground cinnamon, mix well together.
- Add syrup and stir, knead together to form a dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to desired thickness.
- Cut out star shapes and place on the greased baking tray.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and decorate with icing pens.
TIP: The thicker the rolled out dough are, the softer the gingerbread will be.