Triple Pile Up
This is a lovely chewy dessert that looks very impressive and is great for a dinner party. The taste is not as sweet as some other desserts but it does have a delicious fruity flavour.
- Mixed Dried Fruit - 6 ozs (1 Cup), Soaked Overnight
- Orange Juice - 10 Tbsp
- Self Raising Flour - 6 ozs (1 ½ Cups)
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Soya Milk - 340 mls (1 ¾ Cups)
- Egg Replacement - 1
- Vegan Chocolate - 2 ozs (¼ Cup), Plain, Grated
- Golden Syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 2 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Ground Cinnamon - ½ Tsp
- Ground Nutmeg - ½ Tsp
- Icing Sugar - 3 Tbsp
- Pre heat oven to 200c, and place 12 cup cake cases onto a baking sheet.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and remove from heat, stir in the golden syrup.
- Into a bowl sift the flour and add the brown sugar, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg, stir together.
- Make up the egg replacer according to packet instructions and mix together with the milk. Then add to the melted margarine, stir well.
- Add the melted margarine mixture to the flour and beat together, add half the mixed dried fruit and stir, allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture equally into the 12 cup cake cases and cook for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- Place the remaining mixed dried fruit into a bowl and add the icing sugar, stir together.
- Keep a little grated chocolate back to sprinkle as a topping and put the rest into the bowl of dried fruit and icing sugar, stir well.
- Remove the cakes from the cup cake cases. Then onto a serving dish, place four of them.
- Spoon on a little of the blended mixture onto each and place another cake on top, repeat the process until you have three on top of each other.
- On the last one, spoon a layer of the blended mixture and sprinkle with the grated chocolate.