No Christmas is complete without mince pies, they are much easier to make than you would think and very tasty.
- Preheat oven to 200c, grease a 12 hole bun tin.
- Onto a floured surface roll out the pastry to desired thickness.
- Cut out 12, 3-inch circles and 12, 2 ½ inch circles.
- Press the larger circle into the tray and fill with mincemeat, do not over fill them as this will cause overspill while cooking.
- Brush around each edge with a little soya milk and gently press the smaller circle on top, press the edges down with a fork.
- Brush each with soya milk and sprinkle with a small amount of brown sugar, piece each twice with a fork.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack then remove from tin.
TIP: Using a crinkle edged cutter makes for a fancy finish.
TIP: These can be frozen until required.