Messy Chocolate Tofu Pie
If you’re looking for a sugar fix this is for you! Sweet beyond words, this is simply delicious. Although it will win no prizes for appearance, the taste will more than make up for it.
- Preheat oven to 160c and grease a flan dish approximately 10 inches by 10 inches.
- Roll out the pastry larger than the flan dish and lay over the top, press down gently, leave the pastry to hang over the edge slightly and cut away any excess pastry.
- Prick the bottom several times with a fork and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. After removing, gently push down any puffed up parts of pastry with a fork and leave to cool.
- Into a bowl add tofu, lemon juice and vanilla essence, beat together until smooth.
- Gradually add sifted icing sugar and mix well together, then add the golden syrup and stir until completely mixed in.
- Pour into flan dish and put in fridge overnight.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top or cover completely.
- Put in fridge until chocolate is set.
TIP: To create a fancy edge on the pastry, pinch the pastry together with your fingers all the way round.
TIP: Beating the ingredients together is much easier to do in a blender than by hand in a bowl.
TIP: If you are covering the pie completely, make sure it is thinly put on as this helps when it comes to cutting.