These cake balls are a hit with anyone who has a sweet tooth. These are fun for children to make and will get everyone into the festive mood.
- Put the icing sugar, vegan margarine and vanilla essence into a bowl and mix to a creamy consistency.
- Add cake crumbles and stir well together.
- Knead until a dough is formed.
- Roll into five small balls (for the heads) and five larger ones (for the bodies).
- Place the smaller balls on top of the larger ones and leave in fridge for at least three hours.
- Place the balls onto a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Make up the icing sugar according to packet instructions, you want a thickness that will stick to the balls.
- Pour over the balls, allowing the icing sugar to fall slightly over the greaseproof paper giving a snowed look.
- Put back in the fridge and leave until hardened.
- Remove the greaseproof paper before serving.
TIP: If you are having trouble keeping the heads in place when constructing the snowmen, use a little icing sugar to stick them together.