This is a basic sponge mixture adapted to suit vegans. Simple and easy to make this will impress anyone who thinks you can’t make a cake without using dairy products.
- Preheat oven to 190c and grease an 8 inch cake tin.
- Into a bowl place the margarine and sugar, mix together until a creamy mixture is formed.
- Add the vanilla essence and stir well.
- Make egg replacer according to packet instructions, pour into the bowl and add the milk. Mix together.
- Sift the flour gradually in, stirring after each addition, add the baking powder and mix thoroughly together.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin and cook for 35-40 minutes.