Mini Nut Roasts
This is a variation on a nut roast. This recipe makes small mini nut roasts and has a layer of almond in the middle. Being smaller this means the nut roast is cooked much quicker than the normal nut roast. You can reduce the measurements for one or give out individual nut roasts for a meal.
- Hazelnuts - 2 ozs (⅓ cup)
- Cashews - 2 ozs (⅓ cup)
- Walnuts - 2 ozs (⅓ cup)
- Almonds - 2 ozs (1 cup), Blanched
- Red Pepper - ¼, Large, Finely Chopped
- Onion - 1, Small, Finely Chopped
- Water - 100 mls (½ Cup)
- Water - 3 Tbsp, Boiling
- Brown Sauce - 2 Tbsp
- Soya Milk - 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Tomatoes - 1, Small Tin, Chopped
- Garlic Paste - 1 Tsp
- Yeast Extract - 1 Tbsp
- Bread - 1, Slice, White
- Vegan Margarine - For Greasing
- Pre heat oven to 180c, line loaf tins (1½ inch deep, 4 inch x 2½ inch) with tin foil and grease with vegan margarine.
- Blend the hazelnuts, cashews and walnuts until fine and put into a bowl.
- Blend bread into crumbs and place half in the bowl with nuts and the other half into another bowl.
- Into the bowl with the nuts add the onion and red pepper, mix well together.
- Boil 100 ml of water and pour into a jug, add the yeast extract, brown sauce and garlic paste stir well until dissolved, pour into the bowl of nuts.
- Blend the almonds into crumbs and add to bowl of breadcrumbs, stir well. Add the soya milk, olive oil and 3 tbsp boiling water, mix until absorbed.
- Into each of the tins, spoon a layer of the nuts mixture. On top put a layer of the almond mixture and cover with the remainder of the nut mixture.
- Cover with tin foil and cook in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove tin foil cover and cook for a further 15 minutes.