Gluten-Free Nut Roast
Nut roasts are a firm favourite at Christmas but this one is for those who are on a gluten free diet, so please check that the ingredients used are all gluten free. This is also delicious as a pâté.
- Hazelnuts - 1 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Walnuts - 1 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Almonds - 1 ozs (¼ Cup), Blanched
- Cashews - 4 ozs (½ Cup)
- Sunflower Seeds - 1 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Onion - 1, Small
- Garlic Clove - 2
- Red Pepper - ½, Large
- Tomato Purée - 3 Tbsp
- Olive Oil - 3 Tbsp
- Brown Sauce - 1 Tbsp, Gluten-Free
- Yeast Extract - 1 Tbsp, Gluten-Free
- Mixed Herbs - 2 Tsp
- Black Pepper - ¼ Tsp
- Salt - ¼ Tsp
- Water - 150 mls (¾ Cup), Boiling
- Line a 8 by 4 inch loaf tin at least 2 inches deep with grease proof paper, and grease.
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Finely dice the onion and de-seed and finely chop the red pepper, crush the garlic. Fry in olive oil and black pepper in a frying pan until soft.
- Place all the nuts and sunflower seeds into a food processor and blend until smooth. Put into a large bowl.
- Into a mug, place the yeast extract and brown sauce, then add the boiling water and mix together. Pour into the bowl and add mixed herbs and tomato purée, stir well.
- Put the frying pan mixture into the food processor and blend until smooth. Then add to the bowl and mix well together.
- Put into the loaf tin and cover with tin foil, cook in the oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and turn down heat to 180c, cook for a further 1 hour.