This is an unusual dessert which will satisfy the hungriest, works well as a breakfast, pudding or as a treat. Just omit the Brandy if you want an alcohol free recipe.
- Plain Flour - 8 ozs (2 Cups)
- Egg Replacement - 2
- Soya Milk - 400 mls (2 Cups)
- Lemon Juice - ½, From 1 Lemon
- Ground Cinnamon - ¼ Tsp
- Ground Nutmeg - ¼ Tsp
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil - For Frying
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (¼ Cup), For Filling
- Icing Sugar - 2 ozs (½ Cup), For Filling
- Brandy - 1 Tbsp, For Filling
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp, For Filling
- To make the pancakes sieve the flour into a bowl and add the salt.
- Make up egg replacer according to packet instructions and beat in the soya milk.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar into the bowl of flour and stir well.
- Gradually add the soya milk, then whisk in the lemon juice and continue to whisk for a further 3 minutes.
- Leave to stand for at least half an hour then whisk again before using.
- For the filling, blend together the vegan margarine, icing sugar, vanilla essence and brandy (if you are using it) until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and pour some of the pancake mixture, cook on both sides.
- Leave to cool for five minutes and then layer three pancakes adding filling between the slices. Top off with a spoonful of filling if wanted.
TIP: You can use syrup if desired.