Herby Bread with Garlic Mushrooms
This is a perfect start to a Christmas meal. We have chosen a variety of different mushrooms, but you can stick to one type if you prefer.
- Granary Bread Flour - 1 ozs (1 Cup), For Herby Bread
- Olive Oil - 1 Tbsp, For Herby Bread
- Salt - 1 Tsp, For Herby Bread
- Sugar - 1 Tsp, For Herby Bread
- Mixed Herbs - 2 Tsp, For Herby Bread
- Water - 75 mls (¾ Cup), Warm, For Garlic Mushrooms
- Mushrooms - 7 ozs (1 Cup), Mixed, For Garlic Mushrooms
- Garlic Clove - 2, Crushed, For Garlic Mushrooms
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (¼ Cup), For Garlic Mushrooms
- Into a bowl, put the flour, mixed herbs, dried yeast, salt and sugar. Stir well together.
- Add the olive oil and water, mix until a dough forms.
- Onto a floured surface, knead the dough for 5 minutes then cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c and grease a large baking tray.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms.
- Into a large frying pan, melt the margarine and garlic. Add the mushrooms, stir and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Shape dough into desired shapes and place on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with mushrooms.