This is a great change from nut roast as a replacement for the traditional turkey and we have used a stuffing with apple to make it even more delicious. This makes a lovely centrepiece for your main meal.
- Preheat oven to 190c and grease a large baking tray.
- Make up the sausage mix according to packet instructions.
- In a separate bowl, make up the stuffing according to packet instructions.
- Onto a floured surface, roll out the pastry to 12 inches long and 10 inches wide. Place on baking sheet.
- Leaving a 2 inch gap from the edges of the pastry, place half the sausage mix on top of the pastry and spread. (TIP: Spreading carefully using a fork is best.)
- On top of that, place half the stuffing.
- Put the remaining sausage mix in the centre over the stuffing.
- Brush the edges with soya milk and fold the edges towards the centre and glaze all the pastry with milk. (TIP: Make sure the edges are sealed by pressing carefully together.)
- Pierce with a fork for air holes and cook for 30 minutes, then turn down to 180c and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- With the remaining stuffing, roll into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Cook at 190c for 15 minutes.