This Christmas pudding is a lovely “Veganised” version of the original. If you don’t want it alcoholic, take out the rum and replace with apple juice.
- Plain Flour - 4 ozs (1 Cup)
- Vegan Suet - 4 ozs (1 Cup)
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 4 ozs (½ Cup)
- Breadcrumbs - 2 ozs (½ Cup)
- Soya Milk - 150 mls (¾ Cup)
- Baking Powder - 1 Tsp
- Mixed Nuts - 2 Tbsp
- Golden Syrup - 2 Tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Ground Ginger - ½ Tsp
- Ground Cinnamon - ½ Tsp
- Ground Nutmeg - ½ Tsp
- Mixed Spice - ½ Tsp
- Mixed Dried Fruit - 1lb 4 ozs (3 Cups), Soaked in Rum Overnight
- Put olive oil, suet, brown sugar and golden syrup in a large bowl and beat together, add the mixed fruit and stir well.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder, add the ginger, nutmeg, mixed spice and cinnamon, mix well together.
- Stir in the mixed nuts, breadcrumbs and milk.
- Leave overnight.
- Grease one 2 pint (5 Cups) basins or two 1 pint (2½ Cups) basins.
- Fill with mixture and push down.
- Cover with a circle of greaseproof paper and wrap the basins with tin foil. Then steam in a steamer or stand in a saucepan adding boiling water that reaches up to two thirds of the basin.
- Steam for 6 hours if making one pudding or 3 hours if making two.
TIP: Can be made before needed and frozen.