Spicy Filo Pastry
This a spicy and hot pastry, perfect to serve with rice and veggies. Makes a nice change from other traditional meal ideas.
- Preheat oven to 190c and grease a large baking tray.
- Into a large frying pan, put the olive oil, paprika, hot chilli powder, black pepper, tomato purée and garlic.
- Grate the potato and add to frying pan.
- Stir in the onion. Chop up the seitan/fried what gluten into small pieces and add. Mix it all together well and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Place a 9 by 9 inch square of filo pastry onto the large baking tray. Brush with milk and place another square on top. Repeat three times.
- Brush the edges with milk and put half the frying pan mixture in the centre of the square. Bring the corners of the pastry together and scrunch at the centre. Press the edges together gently. Repeat this step for the second pastry.
- Cook for 25 minutes.