Soya Chunk Burgers
These burgers are amazing! They are a firm favourite in our house, so much so that they are preferred over shop bought ones! You can adjust the flavourings to your own personal choice.
- Place the bread into the blender and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs, then put into a large bowl.
- Make up egg replacer according to packet instructions.
- Put the chunks with any juice into the blender along with 2 Tbsp olive oil and egg replacer, blend until smooth.
- Add the chunk mixture into the bowl of breadcrumbs and add flour, mix well together.
- Onto a floured surface, drop a large spoonful of the mixture and roll in the flour to form a ball then flatten to make a burger. The larger the spoonful, the bigger the burger, for smaller ones make the ball smaller.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Place the burger in the frying pan when the oil is hot and cook well on one side before turning and cooking the other. Then serve.
TIP: Make up a batch and keep in freezer until needed.