Tofu works really well in a curry as it absorbs the flavours perfectly and provides a healthy alternative to other mock meats.
- Cook the vegetables in boiling water until they are half cooked.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the tofu, curry powder, garlic, mild chilli powder and tomato purée, mix well together.
- Cook for 5 minutes on a high heat, then reduce to a low heat and add a tin of chopped tomatoes with juice.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 20 minutes.