Quiches are great served hot or cold and can be prepared in advance and reheated when needed. You can buy ready made pastry to save time. Include more nutritional flakes if you want a really cheesy taste.
For the pastry, choose either puff or shortcrust depending on which you prefer.
- Silken Tofu - 7 ozs (1 Cup)
- Tomatoes - 1, Small, Finely Sliced
- Red Pepper - ¼, Large, Finely Sliced
- Mushrooms - 2, Large
- Onion - 1, Small, Finely Sliced
- Egg Replacement - 1
- Soya Milk - 2 Tbsp
- Nutritional Flakes - 3 Tbsp
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
- Mixed Herbs - 1 Tsp
- Mustard Powder - ¼ Tsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 Tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Pastry - 16 ozs (450g)
- Preheat oven to 200c and grease a 1 inch in depth 9 x 9 inch oven proof flan dish.
- Into a a frying pan place the olive oil and add the onion, fry until soft on a low heat and then add the red pepper and 1 diced mushroom, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry larger than the flan dish. Place in flan dish and allow the edges to fall over the side and trim.
- Prick the bottom several times with a fork and cook in the oven for 5 minutes. Turn down the heat to 180c and cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool on wire rack.
- Into a blender place the tofu, black pepper, mixed herbs, soya milk, mustard powder and garlic paste, and blend together until smooth.
- Make up the egg replacer according to packet instructions and add to blender, blend until mixed well together. Place into a bowl.
- Add nutritional flakes and the red pepper, mushroom and onion mixture into the bowl, stir well.
- Pour into the flan dish, smooth over. Slice the remaining mushroom and arrange on top with the tomatoes.
- Cook in the oven at 200c for 25 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.