Brownies are chewy and chocolaty, these are a vegan version of a traditional chocolate brownie recipe. To make them more suitable for a Valentines meal, we have simply cut them out into heart shapes and decorated them with strawberries.
- Pre heat the oven to 170c. Line and grease a baking tray, 10 x 8 inch and 1 ½ inch in depth.
- Melt the chocolate, sugar and margarine in a saucepan.
- Make up egg replacer in a large bowl according to packet instructions, add vanilla essence and fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Sieve the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the mixture and stir.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Then turn down the heat to 160c and cook for a further 10 minutes until the surface is set.
- Remove from the oven and leave in tray until completely cool.
- Cut into four heart shapes and drizzle icing sugar over the top and cover with strawberries.