Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Pasta is a favourite in our house and this mushroom sauce gives it a special taste, perfect for a romantic meal.
- Plain Flour - 2 ozs (¾ cup)
- Vegan Margarine - 4 ozs (½ Cup)
- Mushrooms - 4, Large
- Water - 50 mls (¼ Cups), Boiling
- Soya Milk - 300 mls (1 ¼ Cups)
- Pasta - 6 ozs (2 Cups), Dried
- Garlic Clove - 4, Crushed
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Mixed Herbs - 2 Tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 Tsp
- Mushrooms - As Desired, Sliced, For Topping
- Into a frying pan add mushrooms, mixed herbs, garlic and olive oil, cook until soft.
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a large saucepan and add black pepper and mix well.
- Turn down to a low heat and gradually add the flour, stir well.
- Slowly add a small amount of soya milk and mix well, repeat until all the soya milk has been used.
- Add the boiling water and turn up the heat. Continue to stir until the sauce bubbles then reduce the heat to a low setting.
- Add the mushroom mixture and stir well together.
- Divide the cooked pasta between two plates and spoon over the sauce.
- Place the sliced mushrooms on top and serve.