Mini Heart Cakes
These mini heart cakes make a wonderful valentines dessert, they can be made before needed and decorated when ready to serve.
- Self Raising Flour - 2 ozs (⅓ cup), Sieved
- Soft Light Brown Sugar - 2 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Olive Oil - 50 mls (¼ Cup)
- Coconut Milk - 2 Tbsp
- Egg Replacement - 1
- Baking Powder - ½ Tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Vegan Sugar Strands - 1 Tbsp
- Strawberries - For Decoration
- Solid Coconut Milk - For Decoration
- Vegan Sugar Strands - For Decoration
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Into a saucepan heat the oil and brown sugar on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the flour, stir well.
- Add the vanilla essence and baking powder and mix together.
- Make up the egg replacer according to packet instructions and beat in the coconut milk. It doesn’t matter if the coconut milk is solid or runny.
- Add the egg mixture to the saucepan and mix well together, place back on a low heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar strands.
- Divide the mixture between four heart shape cup cases and cook for 15 minutes. If you don’t have heart shape cup cases, cook in ordinary cup cases and when cooked and cool, cut out into heart shapes.
- Leave to cool, then place two on top of each other with solid coconut milk in the middle. Decorate with strawberries, sugar strands and the rest of the solid coconut milk.