Salad in Pastry
If you want to save time with the pastry, simply buy vegan ready made pastry.
This recipe is an excellent starter, use your favourite salad to make it extra delicious, we have kept the ingredients simple.
- Plain Flour - 3 ozs (½ Cup), For Pastry
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (¼ Cup), For Pastry
- Soya Milk - 2 Tbsp, For Pastry
- Salt - Pinch, For Pastry
- Lettuce - As Desired, For Filling
- Cucumber - As Desired, For Filling
- Tomatoes - As Desired, For Filling
- Vegan Mayonnaise - 1 Tbsp, For Dressing
- Red Sauce - 1 Tbsp, For Dressing
- Plain Flour - For Rolling Out On
- Soya Milk - For Glazing
- Pre heat the oven to 180c and grease a large baking tray.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and add the salt, stir well.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough forms, knead gently for a minute.
- Roll out onto a floured surface. Cut two squares 5inch by 5 inch in size.
- Place onto the baking tray and brush with milk. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Wash the salad ingredients and chops into small pieces.
- To make up the dressing mix the two ingredients together.
- Place one pastry square on a serving plate and cover with the salad, drizzle over the dressing and place the other square on top and serve.