If you want to save time with the pastry three course meals simply buy vegan ready made pastry. This is a great way to end a three course pastry meal. Just use your favourite pie filling, ours was cherry and took ½ cup. Serve with either vegan ice cream or custard to make it the perfect dessert.
- Pre heat the oven to 160c and grease a 6 by 6 inch pie dish, 1½ inches in depth.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the salt and sugar.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk and mix until a dough forms, knead gently for a minute.
- Roll out onto a floured surface. Cut out a lid and base.
- Place the base carefully into the pie dish, brush the edges with milk and fill with pie filling. Do not over fill as this will cause it to spill out during cooking.
- Place the lid on top and glaze with milk. Pierce for air holes and if desired decorate with any left over pastry.
- Cook for 25 minutes and serve.