This is an unique starter and if desired the bean mixture can be spiced up with chilli powder. You could also use your favourite sauce as a dressing at the end.
- Plain Flour - 1 ½ ozs (⅓ Cup), For Pancake
- Soya Milk - 100 mls (½ Cup), For Pancake
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp, For Pancake
- Olive Oil - 1 Tsp, For Pancake
- Lemon Juice - ½ Tsp, For Pancake
- Egg Replacement - 1, For Pancake
- Salt - Pinch, For Pancake
- Mixed Beans - 8 ozs (1 Cup), Cooked and Drained, For Filling
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp, For Filling
- Lemon Juice - 1 Tsp, For Filling
- Paprika - ½ Tsp, For Filling
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp, For Filling
- To make the pancake batter sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the salt and sugar.
- Make up the egg replacer according to packet instructions.
- Beat the milk into the egg replacer and mix in the lemon juice.
- Gradually add to flour beating all the time. Then add olive oil and whisk for five minutes. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Place all the filling ingredients into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
- Beat the batter and heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Add the batter and cook the pancake on both sides then remove onto a plate, leave to cool slightly.
- Spread the bean mixture over the pancake and carefully roll, serve whole, cut in half or in slices.