This is a traditional hummus recipe which has been spiced up for Halloween by adding avocado and chilli, this can be served in peppers or the avocado skin to add a spooky feeling.
- Put chick peas into a saucepan with the water and bring to boil, turn the heat down slightly and cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain and add lemon, black pepper, olive oil and garlic, stir well.
- Put into a blender or mash with a fork until desired consistency is achieved.
- Divide into three bowls, leaving one plain, add tomato purée and chilli powder to one and mashed avocado to the other.
- Stir each well and serve with dipping foods.
TIP: If you want to make it greener add green food colouring