Rice and Beans
Very filling and healthy main course, this bean and rice dish can be personalised to your favourite beans and herbs.
- Drain and rinse the mixed beans.
- Peel and finely slice the onion. De-seed and finely slice the red pepper.
- Into a large frying pan or wok add the olive oil, garlic, mixed herbs, paprika and chilli powder, mix well together.
- Stir in the mixed beans, tomato purée and continue to cook for five minutes.
- Chop up the tomato and add to mixture along with the rice and sweetcorn, mix well and cook for a further five minutes on a slightly higher heat, when thoroughly cooked serve.