Colcannon is a traditional Irish recipe, and is a meal in itself but works great as an accompaniment to a main meal.
- Wash and quarter the potatoes, leaving the skins on.
- Place in a saucepan and add enough water to cover them. Bring to the boil then reduce to a medium heat and cook until tender.
- Slice the cabbage and place in another saucepan, add enough water to cover and bring to boil, reduce to a medium heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finely slice the leeks and in a different saucepan cook in the soya milk until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and add salt and pepper. Mash with the margarine.
- Stir in the leeks and soya milk, mix well together.
- Drain the cabbage and sire into the potato mixture and serve.