These Irish scones can be made smaller if you want. Delicious with vegan margarine or left plain.
- Soak the raisins in the orange juice for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease a two large baking tray.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl and stir in the baking powder, salt and caster sugar.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Make up egg replacer according to packet instructions and beat the milk in.
- Add the raisins and orange juice to the bowl and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place onto a floured surface and divide into eight. Make each into a small ball then flatten down to desired thickness. Put 4 on one tray and 4 on the other, space out well.
- Brush each well with the egg mixture and cook for 15 minutes.