Cabbage & Chunks
This is a variation of the Irish traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage. This recipe has everything you need for a main meal.
- Place the soya chunks, boiling water, black pepper, brown sauce, yeast extract, browning and 1 Tbsp of olive oil into a large saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a medium heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Wash and thickly slice the potatoes keeping the skins on. Place in a saucepan of water and add the salt. Bring to the boil and cook on a lower heat until cooked.
- Peel and dice the carrots and cook enough saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and cook on a lower heat until cooked.
- Slice the cabbage and place in a saucepan, add enough water to cover and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook until soft.
- Peel and slice the onion. Fry in the rest of the olive oil until soft.
- Blend the chunks and some of the juice until the chunks start to break. Add to frying pan of onions along with the remainder of the juice. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cabbage and place on the edges of a platter or large serving dish. Drain the potatoes and arrange them on top of the cabbage but still allowing some of the cabbage to be seen. Put the chunk mixture in the centre and sprinkle over with the drained carrots then serve.