Our version of rock buns are cooked in muffin cases rather than on a baking tray, this is so we can contain there size but feel free to cook them on a greased baking tray if you wish just use a little less liquid and make sure the mixture is stiff.
- Preheat oven to 220c. Place six muffin cases into a muffin tray.
- Into a bowl sieve the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sugar, sultanas, mixed spice and ground nutmeg.
- Make up egg replacer according to packet instructions and beat in the milk. Gradually add to the bowl and stir until a stiff batter is formed.
- Divide the mixture equally between the 6 muffin cases and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack and sprinkle with caster sugar, allow to cool.
- Remove from cases before serving.