Creepy Critter Cup Cakes
Using a sponge base recipe these cupcakes are transformed into Halloween by adding a dash of food colouring and spooky decorations. Let your imagination run wild or simply buy spooky sweets and place on top of the finished cakes.
- Self Raising Flour - 2 ozs (⅓ cup)
- Vegan Margarine - 2 ozs (¼ Cup)
- Caster Sugar - 2 ozs (½ Cup)
- Egg Replacement - 1
- Vanilla Essence - 1 Tsp
- Blue Food Colouring - ½ Tsp
- Green Food Colouring - ½ Tsp
- Soya Milk - 1 Tbsp
- Sweets - For Decoration
- Icing Sugar - For Decoration
- Coloured Icing Pens - For Decoration
- Strawberry Jam - For Decoration
- Chocolate - For Decoration
- Cherries - For Decoration
- Preheat oven to 190c and put cake cases into tray.
- Put caster sugar and margarine into a bowl and mix together till creamy.
- Add egg replacement and stir well. Mix in vanilla essence and soya milk. Gradually sieve in the flour and stir together.
- Divide mixture in half, to one add green food colouring to the other blue, stir well utill the colour is mixed in.
- Divide equally between the cup cases and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make up the icing sugar according to packet instructions and ice the cakes.
- Decorate spider cakes by drawing a swirl and then use a cocktail stick to gently drag lines from the centre to the edge creating a web. Cut a piece of liquorice to use as a spider’s body and place it on the web. Add eyes with icing pen and cut smaller pieces of liquorice for legs.
- For the eyeball cakes use the red icing pen to create a bloodshot look, cut the cherries in half and place in the centre, finish with a black dot from the icing pen on top.
If you have shaped cases, use them to create different styles.
If you are just using sweets on top, colour the icing sugar with food colouring.