Curries are always a favourite dish for vegans, where you can use up any odd vegetables and make a meal. This recipe is a quick and very simple way of making a curry, just increase the curry powder or strength if you want a hotter type of curry.
- Potato - 2, Medium
- Carrot - 2, Medium
- Sweetcorn - Small Can
- Onion - 1, Medium, Finely Sliced
- Green Pepper - 1, Medium, Finely Sliced
- Tomatoes - 1, Medium Can, Chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
- Mild Curry Powder - 2 Tsp
- Raisins - 4 Tbsp
- Water - 600 mls, (3 Cups), Boiling
- Into a saucepan put carrots and potatoes with 500mls of water (2 Cups) and bring to boil, then lower heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Into a large frying pan fry onion and green pepper in olive oil with garlic paste, black pepper and curry powder until soft.
- Add sweetcorn and tomatoes along with the juice. Stir well and add 100mls of water (½ Cup) then bring to boil then simmer.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and raisins, stir and cook on a moderate heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on a bed of rice.