Potato and Herb Bread
This bread simply disappears when made in our house. It has a lovely taste which everyone seems to enjoy. This bread goes very well with hot and spicy food.
- Potato - 12 ozs (3 Cups), Unpeeled, Grated
- Strong White Flour - 8 ozs (2 Cups)
- Granary Bread Flour - 8 ozs (2 Cups)
- Water - 300 mls (1 ½ Cups), Warm
- Olive Oil - 50 mls (¼ Cup)
- Mixed Herbs - 1 Tbsp
- Rosemary - ¼ Tsp
- Mustard Powder - ¼ Tsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp
- Dried Yeast - 1 Tsp
- Mint - ½ Tsp
- Parsley Flour - For Kneading
- Mix together the yeast, mixed herbs, rosemary, mint, parsley and water into a large bowl. Add the oil, mustard powder and salt, stir well.
- Add the grated potato and mix well together.
- Stir both the flours in and mix together well, cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c and grease a 10 by 5 inch loaf tin.
- Onto a lightly floured surface knead the dough for five minutes.
- Place into the loaf tin and cook for 45 minutes.