This is a basic medium vegetable curry, you can of course change the vegetables and add extra flavourings.
- Potato - 1, Medium
- Carrot - 1, Medium
- Onion - 1, Medium
- Green Beans - Handful
- Pineapple - 2, Slices
- Sultanas - 2 Tbsp
- Vegan Soya Yoghurt - 50 mls (¼ Cup), Plain
- Water - 200 mls (1 Cup)
- Olive Oil - 4 Tbsp
- Garlic Clove - 2, Crushed
- Mild Curry Powder - 2 Tsp
- Turmeric - ½ Tsp
- Cayenne Powder - ½ Tsp
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
- Peel and cut the carrot into small cubes. Peel the onion and slice thinly.
- Cut the green beans tops and ends off then dice into small pieces.
- Wash the potato and with the skin on, chop into cubes.
- Place the carrot and potato into a saucepan of water and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Into a large frying pan or wok put the olive oil, black pepper, turmeric, curry powder and cayenne pepper, mix well together and add the onion stir and cook until soft.
- Cut up the pineapple into small pieces and add to the onion along with the green beans, mix together and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the carrot and potatoes and add to the onion mixture along with the sultanas and the cup of water, stir and simmer for 10 minutes then add the yoghurt. Stir well and cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with rice.