This is a must for any Indian Style meal, but it is great on its own or served as an alternative to bread.
- Mix the water, yeast, sugar and salt together in a jug.
- Into a bowl mix all the flours together and add garlic, black pepper and mixed herbs, stir together.
- Add the water mixture to the flour and stir well, add the lemon juice and knead for 5 minutes, cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Knead again for 5 more minutes and divide into 6 balls, flatten each into desired thickness and size.
- Cook on both sides in a hot frying pan with a little oil until cooked. TIP: These naan breads are suitable for freezing.