These chickpea patties are great as an accompaniment or even as a main dish, just increase the spices if you want a hotter version.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Finely chop the onion. Break the bread into small pieces.
- Put the chickpeas, onion, bread, garlic, olive oil, spices and herbs into a food processor and blend for a minute.
- Remove mixture from processor and shape into balls at desired sizes using the flour, then flatten each.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry gently for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. TIP: These can be made and then frozen, so can be made in advance.