Cheese-less Thick Sticks
These cheese-less thick sticks are a variation on cheese straws. Being larger makes them perfect for dips, nibbles, packed lunches, picnics and as part of a party food platter. Fun and easy for kids to make and as they’re so quick to do, you’ll have them on the wire rack cooling off ready to eat before you know it!
- Preheat oven to 200c and grease baking sheet.
- Sieve the flour into a bowl.
- Add margarine and rub together till a dough forms.
- Add flakes and herbs, knead well together until all the flakes and herbs are in the dough.
- Divide into six equal parts.
- On a floured surface roll each piece into a five inch sausage shape approximately ½ an inch wide.
- Put each onto the greased baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.