This simple stir fry is made more delicious by just adding tofu, a great source of protein, just replace any vegetables you might not like with those you do.
- Firm Tofu - 16 ozs (1lb), Pressed
- Onion - 1, Large, Sliced
- Spinach - Handful, Chopped
- Sweetcorn - 1, Small Tin
- Tomato Frito - Large Jar
- Tomatoes - 3, Medium, Chopped
- Red Pepper - ¼, Medium, Sliced
- Green Pepper - 1, Medium, Sliced
- Carrot - 2, Medium, Finely Sliced
- Mixed Herbs - 1 Tsp
- Black Pepper - ½ Tsp
- Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
- Olive Oil - 2 Tbsp
- Soya Sauce - 2 Tbsp
- Cut tofu into cubes. Into a frying pan put 1 Tsbp of olive oil, soya sauce, garlic paste and black pepper, add tofu, stir well and fry until crispy.
- In another frying pan, or wok if you have one, put the onion, spinach, carrots, green pepper, sweetcorn and 1 Tsbp of olive oil. Fry until soft. If you only have one frying pan, cook the tofu first, remove and then cook the vegetables and add the tofu back in.
- Turn down the heat of the vegetables and add frito, mixed herbs and stir well. Add tofu and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice.