Lemon Drizzle Cake
If you like the taste of lemons you will love this lemon drizzle cake, it has a lovely sweet taste and perfect on its own or served at the end of a meal.
- Pre heat oven to 180c and grease a 8 inch cake tin.
- Grate the rind of both lemons.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking powder and lemon rind.
- Melt the vegan margarine in a saucepan, remove from heat and gradually add the flour mixture, stirring well at all times.
- Add the egg replacer and milk, stir well until it is mixed together.
- Pour into the cake tin and cook for 20 minutes, turn the heat down to 160c and cook for a further 20 minutes, then place on wire rack.
- Juice the lemons and sift the icing sugar into a small bowl.
- Add the juice to the icing sugar and stir well.
- Keep the cake in the cake tin and whilst still warm, prick all over with a skewer and drizzle the icing sugar mixture on top.
- Remove from cake tin when cool and serve.